TOURISM IN THE GA-SEGONYANA REGION
- The Eye
- Wonderwerk Cave and Rock Paintings
- Bird Sanctuary and Nature Reserve
- Kuruman Country Club
- Moffat Mission Station
- Truce Tree
- Tswalu Kalahari Reserve
- It is the largest natural fountain in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Stocked with many species of fish like goldfish, carp, barbel and blue kurper to name a few…
- Located in main street in Kuruman
WONDERWERK CAVE AND ROCK PAINTINGS
- Located about 43km on the Daniëlskuil road on the farm Wonderwerk.
- Archaeological excavations of the 140m long cave suggest datings of more than a million years old to the early twentieth century when members of the Bosman family made it their home.
- Spanning the stone age, finds include Acheulean handaxes and cleavers, evidence of controlled use of fire, grass bedding, animal remains including extinct species, engraved stones, and a wide range of Later Stone Age artefacts.
- Rock paintings were made with yellow and red ochres obtained in the cave.
- The site is being declared a Grade 1 National Heritage site.